LeBron James the new All-Time Leading Scorer 

0
300

By Jamil Hardaway 

It was a record that stood strong for nearly four decades. That was until February 7th, when LeBron James sank a 15-foot jump-shot using his patented fadeaway to put him ahead of the previous record holder Kareen Abdul-Jabbar who scored 38,387 points in his career. It took James just 150 less games played and 1,784 less field goals made to break the record. For 20 seasons in the NBA LeBron has averaged 29.3 points per game, which is among the best in history. The night didn’t go as planned though as LeBron and the Lakers lost that game to the Oklahoma City Thunder 133-130. After the game in the post-game press conference LeBron had said, “To be in the presence of such a legend and great as Kareem, it means so much to me. It’s very humbling. To everybody who’s ever been a part of this run with me the last 20 years, I just want to say thank you so much.” With LeBron and his body still in prime condition he could extend this record even further and make this record almost unreachable. With the new talent coming into the NBA I think it will be reached again someday.