M3GAN Review

0
274

By Christian Maxey 

It’s beginning to take shape what movies will be released in January 2023, and horror lovers already have something to look forward to. “M3GAN” resembles a January movie release in many respects. But it also has the schlocky B-movie horror vibe that I often enjoy. Several intriguing names are associated with the movie. Blumhouse is the producer. A story credit is given to James Wan. The film’s screenplay was written by Akela Cooper (“Malignant”). Allison Williams (“Get Out”) is the star. Undoubtedly silly, but in an entertaining way, is the plot. The character of Gemma, played by Williams, is a high-tech toy maker who employs artificial intelligence to build M3GAN (Model 3 Generative Android), a lifelike prototype doll designed to be a child’s best friend and guardian. Gemma is handed care of her niece after she tragically loses both of her parents in an accident. She brings M3GAN home to assist taking care of her niece because she is overburdened. Guess what happens. As M3GAN changes, violence occurs. The second half of the trailer is just insane, which is kind of what you want from a movie that borrows from so many different films that have come before it. We shall see. I personally really liked the movie, and I thought it was super funny, but that’s because it garnered funny meme attention on Twitter. So, when “Megan” danced in the hallway at one point in the movie I had to excuse myself from the movie theater and just laugh. I would rate this movie 8/10, but it has done really well in the box office. So well, in fact that there are already talks for a second “M3GAN” movie. The movie “M3GAN” premiered on January 13.