Pokemon Scarlet Review 

0
300

By Westward Eggplant “Tobisa” Studios

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is the newest installment in the Pokemon franchise, which is arguably one of the biggest franchises in gaming. It was released in November to very mixed reviews. Several people found the game fun and a welcome entry into the series. However, some people found it boring, rushed, glitchy and the worst game yet. 

In this article, I’d like to give my thoughts regarding Pokémon Scarlet specifically. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet don’t share too many differences, but it’s still worth noting, because there are minute differences between the two. 

I’d like to place a disclaimer here: I’m not much of a gamer, so I’m not too sure what makes a “good” game. I also don’t know too much about game development. If I get anything wrong, it’s because I’m not well-versed in this medium.  

With that being said, here are the pros and cons of Pokemon Scarlet! 

THE PROS: Pokemon Scarlet is fun, and it never once bored me. Most of the new Pokemon are memorable little creatures, and the human characters within the game are fun and whacky. The art style is easy on the eyes, as well.  

THE CONS: Although the soundtrack wasn’t bad, it was nothing to write home about compared to previous entries in the series. The game has several bugs, and at some points it feels like the game needed some more time before release to have some of those bugs fixed. It also felt a little too easy at some points (but…I’m gonna be honest, it’s a kid’s game, I’m not the target audience difficulty-wise).  

OVERALL: I didn’t think Pokémon Scarlet was a bad game. Maybe that’s because I didn’t like the game before it (Pokemon Shield), but I thought this was a fun, energetic game. I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece of the medium or anything, but it was a good time.