This semester: Hard to stay motivated, organized

0
769

By Elle Barrett

I have no idea what the cafeteria is like. I know the students have certain times schedules for them to eat depending on their classes. Masks are supposed to be worn until students start eating up until they are finished. I don’t have a meal plan, so I haven’t been in the cafeteria yet this year. I know little information about who enforces the rules in the cafeteria, but I am assuming it’s whoever serves the students, along with other staff members.

I am living alone. I like having my own space, but I do get lonely sometimes. I don’t have many friends at all, but I have a lot of free time which I enjoy. For fun, I usually do little things like watch TV, read or write. I like going to the grocery store too. I don’t know how many people would consider that fun, but it’s something I enjoy doing when I get bored sometimes. I usually do those things for fun during the week and during the weekend I drive to Kansas City to see my boyfriend or he comes back home for a few days.

I attend most of my classes at my desk in my room. My professors don’t want us in our pajamas or in our beds because they want us to treat online class just like a regular class.

Time management has been a challenge. Keeping track of all my schoolwork, in general, has been a challenge. I feel like it’s difficult to stay motivated at confusing times like this. There’s a lot of material to cover in the little time we meet with our professors, so it can be frustrating sometimes.

This is in response to Prompt #3 from Campus ReBoot, an interactive documentary in collaboration with the University of Hartford and other colleges and universities in the US, China, and Australia. For more information and to see other responses, please visit the Campus ReBoot website here: https://susancardillo.wixsite.com/campusreboot