By Elle Barrett

I have a mixture of classes both online and on campus. The rules for COVID-19 are listed on the website we use for classes, Bulldog Connect. Social distancing and masks are being used, and some students may not go to class every day because of the capacities being condensed. There are classes that are specifically online because a few professors cannot risk getting COVID-19. Fall sports are starting later than normal and games have been reduced. Everybody has handled the change quite well. I know this isn’t only a big change for students, but for professors as well.

One of the big challenges I’ve faced this semester was trying to figure out a routine with my unusual schedule. My schedule is different every single week. Sometimes I have a class via Zoom, or in-person or not at all. I have to pay close attention to the course syllabus to see when my class meets and when we don’t. My planner has definitely kept me organized as I get into the swing of things. I’m a transfer student, so it’s different for me to get to a new campus and knowing that this isn’t ordinary. It’s been especially hard trying to make friends so far. I live by myself in an apartment off-campus which is a disadvantage. However, all of the students and staff have been super friendly and welcoming during this difficult time.

As far as I know, there hasn’t been anything too interesting that’s happened this week. There was a student in my class who got tested for COVID-19 because he was having a few symptoms. He shared a little bit about his experience in our Zoom meeting on Wednesday. He had to quarantine for two days until he got his results back, but the test was negative, which is very good!

This is in response to Prompt #1 from Campus ReBoot, an interactive documentary in collaboration with University of Hartford and other colleges and universities in the US, China, and Australia. For more information and to see other responses, please visit the Campus ReBoot website here: https://susancardillo.wixsite.com/campusreboot