Senior Spotlight: Brittany Zipf

0
804

By Taylor Perez

Brittany Zipf, from Rockhampton, Australia, is a senior on the women’s tennis team. Zipf has played all four years for McPherson College and has been nothing less than a stand-out athlete. She was named All-American her freshman year and has continued to impress since. When finding out she was named All-American last year as well, Zipf said: “I was really excited. It was one of my goals that I aimed for at the start of last year and going to the ITA Nationals in the fall and spring was something I didn’t think was possible.” Now in her senior year, she is aiming to achieve that same goal one more time. To balance school, work and training, Zipf plans what needs to be done and how long she has to do it. By setting small goals for things such as projects, papers or big lessons, she can stay on top of her work and get things done on time. “My advice to international student-athletes is that your team is your family. You are far away from home just like them, and you need each other to get through tough times when they come,” said Zipf. After graduation, Zipf would love to become a graduate assistant and stay involved with tennis. If that does not work out, she hopes to get a job as a physical education teacher at an elementary school, either back home or in the United States.