Jumping Into Big Things: Triple Jumper Jordan Windholz

0
1046

By Ronnie Floyd

The McPherson Bulldogs pulled out some strong wins during their indoor season this winter. Jordan Windholz did exceptionally well this past season as a triple jumper. He placed third in the conference overall. He leaped 13.43 meters at the conference meet in Pittsburgh, Kansas. Originally attending Barton Community College, Windholz transferred to McPherson College, and has a made a difference on the track team.

Windhoz said, “I came into this season with the goal on improving my performances within indoor, and I think I really have done that.” Overall the McPherson Men’s track team placed third in conference overall this year.

Windholz is a senior this year and has been jumping since high school. He’s originally from Hays, Kansas and when asked about his past performances he said, “high school really taught me that I wanted to do this at a collegiate level.” In addition to track he has also played basketball for much of his life and even at a college level for a couple of seasons. However, in the end he decided that track and field was more of his passion.

This spring marks Windholz’s final outdoor season for his track career. When asked about it he said, “ Just expect big things this coming up season. I’m going to be leaving it all out on the track.” Keep an eye out as Jordan Windholz jumps into big things.